Universal Studios Hollywood

Visit The Famous Universal Studios Hollywood

A film studio and theme park located in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles County, California, Universal Studios Hollywood is a popular destination for tourists and residents alike. It is estimated that about 70% of the studio is located on the unincorporated county island known as Universal City, with the remaining 30% being located within the city borders of Los Angeles, California.


It is one of the most venerable and well-known Hollywood film studios still in operation today. The city’s official marketing slogan is “The Entertainment Capital of the United States.” It was originally built to provide tours of the genuine Universal Studios sets, and it is the first of many full-fledged Universal Studios Theme Parks that will be built throughout the world. It is located in Orlando, Florida.


A new, all-digital facility near the Universal Pictures backlot was constructed outside the theme park as part of an initiative to consolidate all of NBCUniversal’s West Coast activities into a single location. Consequently, the current headquarters for KNBC, KVEA, and NBC News with Noticias Telemundo Los Angeles Bureaus and a new digital facility is located on the Universal lot that was once occupied by Technicolor SA and is known as the Universal Media Center.


A collection of stores, restaurants, an 18-screen Universal Cinema, and a seven-story IMAX theater are all located within Universal City. The hotels Universal Hilton & Towers, the Sheraton Universal Hotel, and Universal CityWalk are all located within Universal City. In 2017, the park welcomed 9.056 million visitors, placing it 15th in the world and 9th among North American theme parks in that category.


Universal Studios Hollywood is conveniently located near Universal City/Studio City, making it easy to get there by public transportation. Union Station in Downtown Los Angeles is served by the Metro B line subway train, which travels between Westlake, Koreatown, East Hollywood, and Hollywood.


The entrance to the theme park may also be reached by a number of Metro bus lines, which drop off and pick up passengers. Bus lines 150, 155, 224, 240, and Metro Rapid line 750 stop at Lankershim Blvd and Universal Center Drive, as does the Metro Local line 150. (front entrance).


Ventura and Lankershim Boulevards are the closest stops for the Metro Local line 165 and the Metro Shuttle route 656 Owl, which is further distant from the entrance. Located at the front entrance (Universal Center Dr. and Lankershim Blvd.) is a free shuttle tram that transports tourists directly to the theme park’s entrance.


This article was originally posted at Once Over Restoration.